ethOS - Ethereum Mining Platform
ethOS is a 64-bit Ubuntu distro that mines Ethereum out-of-the-box. ethOS is for large-scale deployment. #ethereumOS on freenode.
To calculate your Ethereum profitability, visit http://ethereum-mining-calculator.com/
- Extremely lightweight: Works with weakest possible CPU made in the last 5 generations CPU on only 1 gb of ram.
- Remote pool management: set your pool remotely and reboot, miner will download it automatically.
- Automatic GPU overheat protection: GPUs will automatically turn off if they reach over 85C.
- Boots and mines: IP assignment via DHCP, hostname defined by mac address.
- Easy KVM: A terminal window opens with focus on boot, no mouse required.
- DAG file management: SSD won't run out of space.
Limitations of Scope
The below are common requests from small-scale miners. ethOS is meant for large-scale deployment.
The following will never be possible on ethOS:
- NVIDIA mining (ethOS is AMD only).
- Wireless networking (wireless networking causes packet loss, especially in large deployments).
- Browser-based/GUI-based management (all required management is done through ssh and local scripts).
- Support for other algorithms.
- Support for USB sticks.
- Support for solo mining (only pool mining is available).
- At least 16gb SSD.
- 64-bit system.
How to Get
- ethOS is released pre-loaded on a 16gb SSD.
- Buy it at gpuShack.com.
- gpuShack accepts major Credit Cards, PayPal, Amazon Payments, and Bitcoin.
- ethOS is scheduled to ship February 15th, but may ship earlier, depending on total order quantity.
ethOS is released under the "Small Goat with Red Eyes" license. You should buy one SSD from gpuShack.com, per each rig on which you intend to run ethOS. If you don't, a small goat with red eyes will visit you while you sleep.